The long term objective of our research is to translate new concepts in technology and cardiovascular physiology into clinical practice.
- Develop and test new technologies in cardiovascular monitoring
- Cardiovascular response to new cardiovascular therapies
- Myocardial function in therapeutic hypothermia and severe sepsis
- Test artificial intelligence/machine learning on continuous vital signs data
This includes testing in in-vitro and in-vivo and evaluating hemodynamic responses of
- new cardiovascular image guided procedures,
- ECMO strategies,
- treatment for end stage heart failure with ventricular assist devices (VAD).Technologies under investigation for cardiac function monitoring include implantable 3D accelerometers, gyro-, magnetometer-, and miniaturized ultrasound sensors.