- Prostate cancer Research International: Active Surveillance (PRIAS) study
- Salvage pelvic lymph node dissection in prostate cancer patients with recurrence after radical prostatectomy
- SPCG-15: Surgery Versus Radiotherapy for Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Movember: The Unique Prostate Cancer Tissue microarray (TMA) project
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Treatment in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- The Martini study: Patient-reportedand medical long-term outcomes after radical prostatectomy (RP): A comparison between patients operated at the Martini-Hospital (MaH) , Hamburg (Germany) and Oslo University Hospital (OUH) , Oslo (Norway)
- The FARP randomized control study of focal ablation of prostate using High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) versus Radical Prostatectomy (RP) in patients with unilateral, intermediate risk prostate cancer.
- Almac developing biomarker assays for metastatic prostate cancer (https://www.almacgroup.com/news/almac-group-announces-publication-prostate-cancer-metastatic-assay-validation/
- Urinary exosome test for improved prostate cancer management. NRC supported study administered by Invent2
- CURATIVE TREATMENT AND SURVIVAL OF PATIENTS WITH NON-METASTATIC PROSTATE CANCER IN NORWAY 2001-2015
- Development of hormone refractory prostate cancer: Role of β2-adrenergic receptor
- Metastatisk prostata cancer: UV1 synthetic peptide vaccine and GM-CSF
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy androbot assisted radical prostatectomy: Outcome and adverse effects
Planned research / long term objectives for the group:
- Prepare one new PhD project for a urological resident
- Prepare clinical- or translational projects directed towards medical students (Forskningslinje) who can apply for grants during one year off from the medical study
- Improve Registry and Biobank for urological disease
Short about strategy to succeed with planned research / long term objectives:
- Registry and Biobank: Web based informed consent, new database platform (From Access to Medinsight), more structured Electronic patient journal (EPJ) which can make registering and updating of clinical data in the prostate cancer registry faster and easier.
- Access to e-journals for clinicians not connected to the UiO network
- Improve inclusion grade into the registry and biobank of patients treated for prostate cancer
- Establish more positions dedicated to research for residents in urology.
- More emphasize on research experience when hiring new urologist in the department