The MRI Core Facility for Preclinical Cancer Research offers:
- MR examinations of mice and rats within the field of oncology.
- Handling og mice and rats to be used in preclinical cancer research.
- Analyses of MR data
- Advice and guidance for optimal use of the MR technology.
- Teaching and instrument-specific training
The core facility holds a Bruker BioSpec 7T MR scanner with a bore diameter of 20 cm. The gradient amplitude of the scanner is 440 mT/m.
A wide range of MR coils are available:
- Mini imaging coil 1H 112/072 (outer diameter/inner diameter) Transmit/receive
- Rat volume resonator 1H 112/086 transmit only
- Mouse volume resonator, 1H 075/040 transmit/receive
- Planar surface coil 1H 10mm Receive only
- Planar surface coil 1H 20mm Receive only
- Local low-noise preamplifier 1H
- 1H-19F surface coil 1H/19F 20mm Transmit/receive
- Mouse brain array coil 1H Receive only
- Rat brain array coil 1H Receive only
- Mouse heart array coil 1H Receive only
Imaging techniques offered by the MRI Core Facility for Preclinical Cancer Research includes:
- Morphological imaging
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI (DCE MRI)
- Diffusion tensor imaging (DTI)
- Diffusion-weighted MRI (DW MRI)
- Dynamic susceptibility contrast imaging (DSC MRI)
- Restriction spectrum imaging (RSI MRI)