The Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) - a public-private partnership (PPP) between the European Union and the European life science industries - has now launched IHI – calls 1 and 2.
IHI call 1 was launched on 28 June 2022 with topics on cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, and health data.
The deadline for full proposals is 20 September 2022.
IHI call 2 was launched 28 June 2022 with topics on cardiovascular disease and early feasibility studies.
The deadline for short proposals is 20 September 2022.
The University of Oslo has announced that Anders Jahre's major medical prize for 2022 of NOK 1 million goes to Harald Stenmark, head of the Cellular Membrane Dynamics research group at the Department of Molecular Biology at the Institute for Cancer Research.
Anders Jahre's medical awards reward outstanding research in basic and clinical medicine. The annual prizes are distributed by the University of Oslo and are among the largest in medicine in the Nordic countries.
The prizes for 2022 will be given out in the University's auditorium on Thursday 3 November at 18:00.
At the Digital Scholarship Centre (DSC) you get guidance on how you can make the best possible use of digital tools and methods in your research and communication activities.
Among the topics are Open Access, Research Data Management, Systematic search, Visualisation and Reference management.
The DSC runs a number of useful courses and workshops during the autumn of 2022 via Zoom. These are open for OUS employees.
The postdoctoral programme courses at the Faculty of Medicine at UiO for the autumn of 2022 are now open for registration.
The programme is a career development programme designed for researchers at the beginning of their career.
The following courses are offered:
- Career development (apply within 31st of July)
- Communicating research and writing grant applications (apply within 14th of August)
- Research management and supervision (apply within 18th of September)
They are also offering a peer mentoring scheme.
- OUS Researcher Awards 2022
Awards for excellent research to Danielsen, Fjellgård Jørgensen and Ringstad
- From the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority:
Announcement of regional research funding for 2023
- Review article by the Sandvig group:
Biodistribution, pharmacokinetics and excretion studies of intravenously injected nanoparticles and extracellular vesicles: Possibilities and challenges
- Researchers at OUH are invited to participate in a survey from COAlition S
- Ceremony in the Oslo University Aula May 9th:
King Olav V´s Cancer Research Award for 2022 to Håvard Danielsen
- Publication in Nature Medicine:
Norwegian cancer initiatives receive international attention
- Christian Holst Bergsland defended his doctoral thesis
- Anne-Lise Børresen Dale elected fellow of the AACR Academy Class of 2022
- Publication from Centrosome & Cell Division Cycle project group on cover of Bio-protocol
- OUH scientists demonstrate that translational mistakes can be promising targets of immunotherapy
- Selected cover image of BBA Reviews on Cancer for 2022
- Haematologica publication:
Cancer patient at OUH received treatment guided by drug sensitivity testing of tumor cells
- Biomarkers in prostate cancer:
Multi-sample transcriptomics overcomes heterogeneity and reveals genes with prognostic biomarker potential
- EMBO reports publication:
Are doping tests in sports trustworthy?
- Three new strategic research areas appointed by Oslo University Hospital
- Researcher of the year 2021 at the Institute for Cancer Research:
Kay Oliver Schink
- Employee of the year 2021, the Institute for Cancer Research:
Idun Dale Rein
- IMPRESS-Norway and Illumina enter into cooperation
- Funded by 128 mill NOK:
Centre for Clinical Treatment Research - MATRIX
- Nature Biotechnology publication:
New immunotherapy for cancer based on the mechanism of transplant rejection