ImageXpress Micro Confocal
The ImageXpress Micro Confocal (IXMC) microscope is a high-content imaging microscope from Molecular Devices.
This is a fully automated high-content imaging system. It comprises three different modes of acquisition: wide-field mode, standard confocal mode (spinning disc with pinhole diameter of 60 µm), and high-resolution confocal mode (spinning disc with pinhole diameter of 42 µm).
The instrument is equipped with five Nikon air objectives (4X, 10X, 20X, 40X and 60X). Images can be acquired on fixed cells and live cells, tissue samples, or whole organisms (such as yeast and bacteria). The instrument has an environmental control gasket that ensures a stable temperature, 5% CO2 and stable humidity during live cell imaging.
Acquired data can be analyzed using the MetaXpress and AcuityXpress software, or other image processing software.
- Automated acquisition in wide-field or spinning disc confocal mode
- 16 bit scientific CMOS camera
- 4x Plan Apo Lambda 0.2 NA
- 10x Plan Apo 0.5 NA
- 20x Ph1 S Plan Fluor ELWD ADM 0.45 NA
- 40x S Plan Fluor ELWD 0.60 NA
- 60x Plan Apo Lambda, 0.95 NA
- Filter sets; DAPI, FITC, TRITC/Cy3, TexasRed, Cy5
- Transmitted light / Phase contrast
- Multiwell plate stage holder and glass slide adapter
- Environmental control gasket (temperature control, 5% CO2, stable humidity).