ImageXpress Micro Confocal
The ImageXpress Micro Confocal (IXMC) is a high-content imaging microscope from Molecular Devices.
This is an automated, spinning disk microscope with a 16bit scientific CMOS camera and you can choose three different modes during acquisition of your samples; wide-field mode, standard confocal mode (60 µm pinhole disk), high-resolution confocal mode (42 µm pinhole disk).
This is an oil-free instrument, with five different Nikon air objectives available.
You can acquire images on fixed cells and live cells, tissue samples, yeast and bacteria. For live cell imaging we have an environmental control gasket that ensures a stable temperature, 5% CO2and stable humidity.
After acquisition, the data can be analyzed using the MetaXpress and AcuityXpress software.
This instrument is available for all users that have gone through an introductory course together with the core facility manage
- Automated spinning disk microscope
- 16 bit scientific CMOS camera
- Wide-field and confocal mode
- 4x PLAPO 2 NA
- 10x Plan Apo 5 NA
- 20x Ph1 S Plan Fluor ELWD ADM 0.45 NA
- 40x S Plan Fluor ELWD 60 NA
- 60x Plan Apo LAMBDA, 0.95 NA
- Fluorescent filters; DAPI, FITC, TRITC/Cy3, TexasRed, Cy5
- Transmitted light / Phase contrast
- Multiwell plate stage holder and glass slide adapter
- Live-cell imaging using an environmental control gasket (temperature control, 5% CO2, stable humidity).