Research at the Division of Head, Neck and Reconstructive Surgery
The clinic is a large unit within treatment and research on the disciplines of eye, ear, nose and throat as well as plastic and reconstructive surgery.
In addition to being responsible for education and graduation, research activity is central to the clinic’s objective of being at the leading edge of development in all of these areas.
Five research groups are connected to the clinic and several research projects are established, including a number of doctoral projects.
Under the Department of Otorhinolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery:
1. Cochleaimplantat, hørsel og ørekirurgi. Group leader: Marte Myhrum
2. HPV and Head and Neck. Group leader: Harriet Akre
Under the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery:
3. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Group leader: Kim A Tønseth
Under the Department of Ophthalmology:
4. Center for Eye Research / Senter for Øyeforskning. Group leader: Goran Petrovski
5. Clinical Retinal Research. Group leader: Ragnheidur Bragadottir
6. The Interprofessional Research group of children’s Surgical department (InteRSurg). Group leader: Peter Forde Hougaard