Infections and inflammation in urology
The group’s research activity mainly focuses on inflammation and infections in the urinary tracts, and for better and more accurate treatment that prevents antibiotic resistance.
The Groups Research Profile
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria
- Antimicrobial resistance, mathematical modelling of development of resistance
- Antibiotic stewardship
- Infection prophylaxis
- Infectious complications in urology
- Classification of urinary tract infections
- Microbiome in urine
- Phage therapy in prophylaxis and treatment
- Tuberculosis in the urinary tract
Long Term Goals
The Group's goal is to record the incidence of urinary tract infections, types of microorganisms, antibiotic resistance and risk factors in order to improve the use of antibiotics and non-antibiotic preparations (antibiotic stewardship).
The recording will contribute to both the prevention and treatment of the individual patient and predict the development of antibiotic resistance in an international perspective. Thereby reducing the morbidity associated with urinary tract infections.