External Funding Guidelines
Internal approval for external funding applications
All applications for external funding have to be approved internally before they are sent to the funding agency. The size of the budget share for OUS dictates at which level the approval has to be sought:
- Up to 3 million NOK: The head of department (N3 or N4)
- Up to 15 million NOK: The head of Division and/or the head of research in the Division
- Up to 50 million NOK: The Director for Research
- Above 50 million NOK: The CEO
In addition, all research proposals applying for funding from international funding Agenices (EU funding, EEA/Norway Grants, National Insitutes of Health (NIH) etc.) have to be approved by the department of Research Administration and Biobanking please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or see list of employees working with external funding.
Application for external funding shall include total costs, i.e both funding you apply for and in kind contribution from OUS, for the implementation of the project. Please contact team for external funding at email@example.com for Budget Templates. The budget has to be approved internally according to limits given above.
List of contact persons at the Divisions for financial matters
Administrative data OUS – for applications
Project Owner (legal address):
Oslo University Hospital
Postbox 4950 Nydalen
0424 Oslo Norway
Project Administrator or Authorised representative:
Peder Heyerdahl Utne
Head of department
Dep. of research Administration and Biobanking
Research Support Unit - Oslo Hospital Service
Oslo University Hospital
Phone: + 47 23 02 60 63
Date of Birth: 22.03.1969
Organisation number: 993 467 049
Participant Identification Code (PIC, for EU proposals): 99 11 04 000
Federal Entity Identification Number (EIN) (for NiH proposals) : 98-1206495
Federalwide Assurance (FWA)(for NiH proposals): 00 00 65 96
DUNS nummer (for NiH proposals): 671 185 591
Contact team for external funding at firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Contract and Collaboration/Consortium Agreements
- The Project leader is responsible for having the funding agreement/Research Contract with the funding Agency approved/signed by the department for Research Administration and biobank. Contact us at email@example.com
- The Project leader is responsible for initiating the process of drafting collaboration/consortium agreements when OUS is the coordinator of projects.
- All collaboration/Consortium agreements have to be approved by the department for Research Administration and biobank. It is strongly recommended to use the templates available here. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to start using my funding?
When the funding agreement/Research Contract and collaboration agreements (if required) is approved/signed by the Project Administrator/Authorized representative contact the head of finance in your Division to apply for an internal project number. Remember to attach the Funding agreement/Research Contract.
The Project leader is responsible for deliver periodic reporting (scientific and if required financial report) as laid down in the funding agreement/research Contract with the funding agency. The department for Research Administration and Biobanking can assist project leaders on the periodic reporting. Contact us on email@example.com
Some funding Agency requires audit certificate on the financial reporting (EU, EEA and “Extrastiftelsen”) when you receive above a certain amount of funding. If the funding agency requires an audit certificate contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you with the internal requirements and how to contact our auditor PWC.
The Poject Leader is responsible for reporting amendments or changes to the project to the funding agency.
The following changes often have to be reported to the funding agency:
- changes to the project period (project extension)
- project leader
- change of partners
Check your funding agreement/Research Contract for the rules for amendments or contact us on email@example.com and we can assist you with the amendment process.
Final reporting and closing of internal project accounts
- The Project Leader is responsible for project reporting and the final reporting (scientific and if required financial report) to the funding agency.
- The Project leader is also responsible for closing the internal project account when the project is finished and assure that the project account is in balance. Contact the head of finance in your Division to initiate the process of closing your internal project account.