Department of Tumor Biology
Department Head: Professor Gunhild M. Mælandsmo, PhD
Department of Tumour Biology comprises six research groups:
- Translational Cancer Therapy, headed by Professor Kjersti Flatmark (MD, PhD)
- Metastasis: molecular studies and development of methods, headed by Professor Eivind Hovig (PhD)
- Translational Genomics, headed by senior scientist Leonardo Meza-Zepeda (PhD)
- Molecular Cancer Biology headed by Professor Ola Myklebost (PhD)
- Metastasis Biology and Therapy, headed by Professor Gunhild M. Mælandsmo (PhD)
- Group of Urological Molecular Biology, headed by Professor Kristin Austlid Taskén
|Eivind Hovig||Leonardo Meza-Zepeda|
|Ola Myklebost||G.M. Mælandsmo||Kristin A. Taskén|
|Tumor-stroma interactions in metastasis and therapy|
Our vision is to enhance the understanding of mechanisms involved in cancer progression and metastasis - and to utilize this knowledge to improve cancer treatment.
Department of Tumor Biology emphasizes translational research in order to enhance the understanding of mechanisms involved in cancer progression and metastasis. Two main pillars in our research program are cancer genomics and investigations on biological features causing metastatic disease.
Our aim is to identify candidate biomarkers and therapeutic targets, followed by validation in preclinical models and clinical trials.
Kaisa Haglund receives the Jahre prize for young medical researchers
Sep 3, 2015
How to biobank "The Norwegian Research Gold" the best way
Aug 24, 2015
Dept. of Tumor Biology
Sulfamate inhibitor S4 influences carbonic anhydrase IX ectodomain shedding in colorectal carcinoma cells
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem, 1-8 (in press)
c-Myb Binding Sites in Haematopoietic Chromatin Landscapes
PLoS One, 10 (7), e0133280