Department of Tumor Biology
Department Head: Professor Gunhild M. Mælandsmo, PhD
Department of Tumour Biology comprises six research groups:
- Translational Cancer Therapy, headed by Professor Kjersti Flatmark (MD, PhD)
- Metastasis: molecular studies and development of methods, headed by Professor Eivind Hovig (PhD)
- Translational Genomics, headed by senior scientist Leonardo Meza-Zepeda (PhD)
- Molecular Cancer Biology headed by Professor Ola Myklebost (PhD)
- Metastasis Biology and Therapy, headed by Professor Gunhild M. Mælandsmo (PhD)
- Group of Urological Molecular Biology, headed by Professor Kristin Austlid Taskén
|Eivind Hovig||Leonardo Meza-Zepeda|
|Ola Myklebost||G.M. Mælandsmo||Kristin A. Taskén|
|Tumor-stroma interactions in metastasis and therapy|
Our vision is to enhance the understanding of mechanisms involved in cancer progression and metastasis - and to utilize this knowledge to improve cancer treatment.
Department of Tumor Biology emphasizes translational research in order to enhance the understanding of mechanisms involved in cancer progression and metastasis. Two main pillars in our research program are cancer genomics and investigations on biological features causing metastatic disease.
Our aim is to identify candidate biomarkers and therapeutic targets, followed by validation in preclinical models and clinical trials.
Sarcoma research presented in feature article in A-magasinet
Mar 24, 2015
CCB Minisymposium on Centrosome and Cilia Biology
Mar 19, 2015
Dept. of Tumor Biology