|Hiroko Kato Solvang|
|Phone:||+47 22 78 13 70|
Hiroko Kato Solvang’s CV
- 1995 Ph.D.(A study of multivariate mean-nonstatinary time series model for estimating mutual relationship) in Statistical Science, The Institute of Statistical Mathematics with Professor Makio Ishiguro and Professor Genshiro Kitagawa
- 1988 MS in Educational Physics and Computer Physics, Tokyo Gakugei University
- 1986 BS in Macromolecular Physics, Japan Women’s University
- 2007-present Researcher, Dept. Genetics, Inst. Cancer Research, Rikshospitalet-Radiumhospitalet
- 1998-2007 Research Scientist, NTT Communication Science Laboratories http://www.kecl.ntt.co.jp/rps/index.html
- 1996-1998 Research Associate, Dept. Applied Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering, Hiroshima University http://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/index.html
- 1995-1996 Research Associate, Advanced Telecommunication Research http://www.atr.jp
- 1989-1993 Research Assistant, Dept. Physics, Japan Women’s University
- 1998-1992 Lecturer of Physics, Senior high-school affiliated Japan Women’s University
- Statistical methodology: Multivariate statistical system analysis, Time series analysis for non-linear, non-stationary and non-Gaussian data, Spatial (time) data modelling, Bayesian influence, Discriminant analysis, Machine learning
- Applications: Biomedical signal processing, Speech signal processing, Economic time series data
- IEEE, American Statistical Association, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, Japan Statistical Society
Publications (referred paper)
- Discriminant analysis:
1. Solvang, K, H., Taniguchi, M., Nakatani, T., Amano, S., 2007, Classification and similarity analysis for fundamental frequency patterns in infant spoken language acquisition, Statistical Methodology.
2. Ishizuka, K., Mugitani, R., Kato, H., Amano, S., 2007, Longitudinal developmental changes in the spectral peaks of vowels in a Japanese infants, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 121, 4, 2272-2282.
3. Ishizuka, K., Mugitani, R., Kato, H., Amano, S., 2005, A longitudinal analysis of the spectral peaks of vowels for a Japanese infant”, The 9th European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology (Interspeech2005-Eurospeech), 1169-1172.
Independent component analysis:
4. Kato, H., Nagahara, Y., Araki, S., Sawada, H., Makino, S., 2006, A parametric Pearson approach based independent component analysis for frequency domain blind speech separation, EUSIPC2006, CD-ROM.
- Bayesian time series modeling, Multivariate time series analysis:
5. Osu,R., Franklin,D.W., Kato,H., Gomi,H., Domen,K., Yoshioka,T., Kawato,M. 2002, Short-and Long-term changes in joint co-contraction associated with motor learning as revealed from surface EMG, J. Neurophysiol, 88, 991-1004
6. Kato,H., Kawahara,H. 1998, An application of the Bayesian time series model and statistical system analysis for F0 control, J. Speech Communication, 24, 4, 325-339.
7. Kato, H. 1996, A statistical system analysis for nonstationary biometric time series, Japanese J. Medical Electronics and Biological Engineering, 10, 4, 36-42 (in Japanese).
8. Kato,H., Naniwa,S., Ishiguro,M. 1996, A Bayesian multivariate nonstationary time series model for estimating mutual relationships among variables, J. Econometrics, 75, 147-161.
9. Ishiguro,M., Kato,H. 1995, Economic system analysis, Mathematical Science, 389, 50-57 (in Japanese).
10. Kato,H., Naniwa,S., Ishiguro,M. 1995, A multivariate stochastic model with non-stationary trend component, Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis, 11, 1, 77-95.
11. Kato,H., Wada,T., Ishiguro,M 1994, A study of human body balance by new multivariate feedback models with common low frequency components, Japanese J. Biometrics, 15, 41-57.
- Non-linear and non-Gaussian time series modeling:
12. Solvang, K.H., Ishizuka, K., Fujimoto, M., 2007, A voice activity detection based on an AR-GARCH model, The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, D-II.
13. Ishizuka,K., Kato, H., 2006, A feature for voice activity detection derived from speech analysis with the exponential autoregressive model, ICASSP 2006, 1, 789-792.
14. Ishizuka,K., Kato,H., Nakatani,T. 2005, Speech signal analysis with exponential autoregressive model, Proc. the 30th International Conference of Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, 1, 225-228.
15. Kato,H, Taniguchi, M., Honda, M. 2005, Statistical analysis for multiplicatively modulated nonlinear autoregressive model and its application to electrophysiological signal analysis in human, IEEE Transactions, Signal Processing, 54, 9, 3414-3425.
16. Kato,H., Honda,M. 2005, Multiplicatively modulated exponential autoregressive model for corticomuscular functional coupling, Signal Processing, 85, 7, 1287-1300.
17. Kato,H., Ozaki,T. 2002, Adding data process feedback to the nonlinear autoregressive model, Signal Processing, 82, 1189-1204.
- Nonparametric time series modeling:
18. Zolfagari,P., Kato,H., Minami,Y., Nakamura,A., Katagiri,S., 2004, Model selection for mixture of Gaussian based spectral modeling, IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing, 335-345.
19. Kato,H., Abe,K., Terakado,H., Konno,N. 1991, Time series analysis of EEG: local weak stationary, self similarity, normality, The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers D-II J74-D-II, 10, 1466-1471.
20. Ishiguro,M., Kato,H., Akaike,H. 1999, ARDOCK, An auto-regressive model analyzer, Computer Science Monographs, The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, 30.
A systematic comparison of copy number alterations in four types of female cancer
BMC Cancer, 16 (1), 913
Gene expression analysis supports tumor threshold over 2.0 cm for T-category breast cancer
EURASIP J Bioinform Syst Biol, 2016 (1), 6
Canonical correlation analysis for geographical and chronological responses
PROCEDIA COMPUT SCI, 96, 1351-1360
Gene expression profile analysis of t1 and t2 breast cancer reveals different activation pathways
ISRN Oncol, 2013, 924971
Tumor initiating but differentiated luminal-like breast cancer cells are highly invasive in the absence of basal-like activity
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 109 (16), 6124-9
Let-7 miRNA-binding site polymorphism in the KRAS 3'UTR; colorectal cancer screening population prevalence and influence on clinical outcome in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with 5-fluorouracil and oxaliplatin +/- cetuximab
BMC Cancer, 12, 534
Allele-specific disparity in breast cancer
BMC Med Genomics, 4, 85
SNPs in genes coding for ROS metabolism and signalling in association with docetaxel clearance
Pharmacogenomics J, 10 (6), 513-23
Frequency-Domain Pearson Distribution Approach for Independent Component Analysis (FD-Pearson-ICA) in Blind Source Separation
IEEE Trans. Audio Speech Lang. Process., 17 (4), 639-649
GSTP1 promoter haplotypes affect DNA methylation levels and promoter activity in breast carcinomas
Cancer Res, 68 (14), 5562-71
Voice activity detection based on adjustable linear prediction and GARCH models
Speech Commun., 50 (6), 476-486