Centres of excellence
- Centre of Cancer Biomedicine (CCB) is a research centre that focuses on the integration of cancer related biological information from multiple science disciplines, to build a more complete picture of events and coherence. By team approach cell biologists, translational cancer scientists and computational biologists unite their efforts to elucidate the systems biology of cancer, with the ultimate goal of improving the life of cancer patients.
CCB is on a daily basis run by professor Harald Stenmark, Director and professor Ragnhild Lothe, Co-director.
- The Centre for Molecular Biology and Neuroscience (CMBN) is a Norwegian Centre of Excellence at the University of Oslo and Rikshospitalet University Hospital. CMBN shall take on a leading role in elucidating the role of DNA repair and genome maintenance mechanisms in preventing neurological disease and brain ageing.
The Centre is led by Director Prof. Tone Tønjum and Assistant Director Prof. Jon Storm-Mathisen
- Centre for Immune Regulation (CIR) is a research centre located at the University of Oslo and the Rikshospitalet University Hospital. The scientific goal of the centre is to identify mechanisms of immune dysregulation that contribute to autoimmune disease and allergy.
The Centre is lead by Ludvig Sollid (Director) and Inger Sandlie (Assistant Director).
- K.G. Jebsen Centre for Breast Cancer Research:
Vision: Towards personalized therapy for breast cancer; integrated molecular and epidemiological studies of breast cancer to reduce risk, improve prognosis, and tailor the treatment.
- National Center for Neuroendocrine Tumours at the Section for Gastroenterology has been selected as a "Centre of Excellence" by the European Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (ENETS). More information about ENETS: see www.enets.org.
- NORMENT: Norwegian Centre for Mental Disorders Research:
Norment is a Centre of Excellence funded by the Norwegian Research Council. At NORMENT we strive to find answers to why some people develop perceptual disturbances, delusions, deep depressions or elated, manic phases.
News & events
Innovation prize to Erik FosseMore news
Jun 25, 2015
Jun 25, 2015